Tuesday 30 December 2014

Reflections 2014

2014 is nearly coming to an end, and as I look back and reflect on this wonderful year I realise the amount of things that I have done and what more I could have done.

There have been fun times, sad times, happy times, serious time, arduous times, I guess that there has been a bit of everything like in every ones life I suppose.

This year has been long, it has seemed longer than usual, we have done so many many things as a family and individually.  As a family we have grown with the addition of three lovely pets Kenya, Will and Flossy.

On the month of May we were very very busy, my twins Erin and Ewan did their first holy communion. It was such a proud moment for us, especially when they both walked down the aisle at St Theresa's Church together to receive the holy sacrament.  Also, I was over the moon when the teachers in year four from Notre Dame First School included Ewan (who goes to St Martins Special Needs School) in all the ceremony even with the offertory.  Erin was a princess till the end and Ewan behaved admirably.

Also in the month of May my oldest son Ryan did his confirmation and finished school to start Bayside on September.  He is becoming a very handsome, loving, caring young man.

In June I went on my girlie weekend with my good friend Julia Vincent, which i love dearly.  We went to Marrakech, we had lots of fun, we ate by a river, and climbed up a mountain to see some waterfalls, went to a typical Arabian night with horses, guns and fireworks.  We visited the tannery and last but not least we did lots of shopping at the zoco.  It was a trip to remember.



I got back home and 7 days later I was off again to London with my princess, for a girlie weekend, just her and me, to spend quality time together.  We did everything she wanted to do, the London eye, cruise trip across the Thames, Madam Tussuad's Museum, Mamma Mia Musical (she sang all the songs by heart) but all in all I think she loved best the M n M shop and the Disney stores. lolololol



Summer arrived and so did the summer holidays, seven weeks of kids at home, beach, pool, sunburn, and all that comes with it :).  We went on holiday in August and then we started getting ready for the new school terms.  Both Erin and Ryan were starting new schools and everyone was very excited and scared with the changes.  Thanking my lucky stars everything went according to plan, with no hiccups.  School started for my three kids with no major incidents :)

With the coming of Autumn it was time to start getting ready for the Convent Fair :).  Im the Vice Chair Person of Little Smiles Charity, and our aim is to collect funds to help out in St Martins School were my son Ewan attends and also some of my friends children too. So, with the help of my friends Julia, Rosa and Jane we started making jams.  We made over 150 jams of many different flavours, and it was a great success, we sold everything we made, knitted and had great help from two of Rosa's friends.

In october we had a bit of a bad patch as my granny of 102yrs of age passed away, but it wasn't really a sad time, she had lived a long and very fruitful life and without all her sacrifices we would not be here today.  So to her I say thank you 102 times from the bottom of my heart.  Victoria Colton was a great and wonderful woman, may GOD bless her always.

Christmas time came and along came the Christmas shopping for food, gifts, presents, decorations.  But somehow we managed to do everything and have had great Christmas.  I have spent it in the company of great friends and the best family anyone could ever wish for and for that I am truly thankful.  I could not have done any of this not one thing without the constant help and support from my husband Lluis, I love him dearly, and I think we are a match made in heaven. I hope that the new year which is only hours away, comes full of happy times.  I wish all my family and friends all the best wishes for 2015.

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness 






No comments:

Post a Comment